HVA International is an independently operating Company engaged in developing Agro-Industrial and Aquaculture projects in EMFM Countries, South-East Asia, The Middle East, Latin America, and CIS-Countries.
Its products of specialization are Dairy, Poultry, Sugar, Rice, Grains, Coffee, Cacao, Tea, Fish (Shrimps, Tilapia, Seabass, Salmon etc.) and the pertaining farms, plantations, and processing facilities.
HVA International is looking for:
Associate Consultants (continuous)
HVA International regularly seeks consultants to work on international projects in Africa, South and Central America, Asia, Middle East, CIS, and Eastern European countries. If you have more than 5 years relevant experience in these regions and would like to be included in our roster of associate consultants, please send your detailed Curriculum Vitae in English, preferably by E-mail, to our Consultancy Support Services department, indicating availability and preference for short and/or long-term assignments.
Handelsvereniging Amsterdam/ HVA (est. 1879) has more than a century of accumulated experience in worldwide, large scale, agricultural and agro-industrial development. Building on its experience and expertise in developing and managing its own integrated tea, sugar, oil palm, rubber, cassava, natural fibre, fish-, and shrimp farm operations, HVA International has established a full-service project development firm and has diversified its activities into other crops and sub-sectors, such as dairy and poultry production, providing its services exclusively to private equity or venture capital investors.
Sectors of specialization/expertise
HVA International specializes in the following sectors:
- Livestock production
- Crop production
- Agro-processing (e.g. rice and flour mills, sugar factories, etc.)
- Aquaculture production
Many projects executed by HVA International are integrated, including primary production and processing.
An overview of HVA International’s capabilities in these sectors is presented below:
- Medium to large scale market-oriented crop and livestock production
- Commercial farming (dairy, beef fattening, mixed farming, field crops)
Integrated agro-industrial projects
- Sugar, tea, oil palm, vegetable oil
- Dairy, poultry, feed mills
- Privatization and restructuring
- Audit and improvement of processes from the hatchery to end consumer
- Consulting on the improvement of water quality and water treatment
- Fish pathology related services
- Strengthening of the Food Safety capacity
- Strengthening of the fish-products quality
- Fish food Innovation
- Traceability methods and systems
- Feasibility studies for new projects
- Services for the improvement of the production efficiency
- Web-based application for monitoring and managing fish-farms
The activities comprise both inland and marine projects, and all the major types of production systems such as re-circulation systems, ponds, and sea cages.
During the past 140 years, HVA International has executed projects and studies in more than 60 different countries, often in remote areas and under difficult conditions.
Experience with international development agencies
HVA International has worked with several international development agencies like:
• the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation (IFC)
• the African Development Bank
• the Asian Development Bank
• the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
• the Arab Authority for Agricultural Investment and Development (AAAID)
• the Islamic Development Bank
• the European Union
• the Netherlands Finance Company (FMO)
HVA International makes no representations about the suitability of the information contained in the documents and related graphics published on this server for any purpose.
All such documents and related graphics are provided as is without warranty of any kind.
HVA International hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions about this information, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
In no event shall HVA International be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from this server.
The documents and related graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. HVA International may make improvements and/or changes in the documents and/or information described herein at any time.
Links to 3rd party sites
The links in this area will let you leave HVA International’s site.
The linked sites are not under the control of HVA International and HVA International is not responsible for the contents of any linked side or any link contained in a linked side, or any changes or updates to such sites.
HVA International is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked side.
HVA International is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by HVA International of the site.