HVA has more than a century of accumulated experience in worldwide agricultural and agro-industrial development. Building on its experience and expertise in developing and managing its own integrated tea, sugar, oil palm, rubber, cassava and natural fibre operations, HVA International was established as a full-service consultancy and management firm in 1959. Since then HVA International has diversified its activities into other crops and sub-sectors such as dairy and poultry production, providing its services to a wide range of projects for private clients, government and parastatal organisations or funded by international development agencies.
HVA International specialises in providing technical assistance, consultancy services and management for projects in the following sectors:
Many projects executed by HVA International are integrated, including primary production and processing. An overview of HVA International’s capabilities in these sectors is presented below:
Farm advisory and support services
• Applied field research and extension
• Outgrower schemes of integrated agro-industrial projects
• Milk collection schemes
• Artificial insemination services
• Input supply and rural credit
• Medium scale market-oriented crop and livestock production
• Commercial farming (dairy, beef fattening, mixed farming, field crops)
Integrated agro-industrial projects
• Sugar, tea, oil palm, vegetable oil
• Dairy, poultry, feed mills
• Privatisation and restructuring
HVA International is specialised in full-service implementation and management of projects in the agricultural, livestock and agro & food processing sectors.